Documents required to be furnished by the society to the Developer: Conveyance deed, Society Registration Certificate, General Body Resolution to go for redevelopment, List of member with their respective carpet areas. C.T.S. plan & property card for the plot, D.P. remarks, if the property is under TPS scheme then T.P. remarks and Copy of municipal approval plans.
The importance of Project Management Consultant in Redevelopment: A consultant is basically a team of Architects, Civil Engineers and Legal Advisors.
An Architect is required to prepare financial feasibility of project, Technical Analysis of offers of Developers, verifications of building plans prepared by the Developers and preparation of schedule of municipal process with Developer.
The civil Engineer is required to cross check R.C.C. drawings of the proposed building and check onsite quality of the construction.
Legal Advisor is required to prepare development agreement and individual MOFA agreements of society members of Developers and check other legal aspects of the proposal.
A well adept Project Management Consultant can guide the society through entire process of redevelopment so that the members can get the maximum benefits from the builder and at any stage of redevelopment members do not get cheated by the Developer. Some of the duties of Project Management Consultant are given hereunder.
Preparation of financial and technical feasibility report by studying existing building plans, consumed FSI, carpet area of existing members & available TDR/ additional FSI benefits so that maximum benefits the members can demand from the Developers.
Preparation of Feasibility Report: A feasibility report shall be prepared by studying the plan, by applying the FSI & TDR rules, considering maximum benefits the member can demand from the Developers, a report will be submitted by the society.
Preparation of Tender document: "Tender" is a crucial document, which is to be designed meticulously to avoid any kind of misunderstanding/argument during the course of project. It contain various information to bidder, technical and financial specifications, general conditions and detailed specifications which makes it easier to evaluate the offers received since they are given on the same base.
Preparation of comparative chart of Developers: A chart showing the comparative analysis of all the offers is to be prepared to get the idea of the best offer received. Ranking shall be given to Developers.
Finalization of Developer: After detailed study of various bids, considering technical and commercial angle a bid comparison chart is prepared and after short-listing some Developers for interview and negotiations and over mutually acceptable Developer is finally selected to carry out proposed work.
Preparation of Development Agreement: While preparation of Development Agreement between society and Developer inputs are given in terms of technical clauses which would Safe guard the interest of the society and safety of the project.
Finalization of building plans: The plans of proposed building prepared by the Developers are to be verified in respect of planning, carpet area, area calculations, legalization and authorization of the area allotted to the members.
Vacating the building after the builder obtains the necessary permission: The care taken that the necessary permissions are obtained and legal formalities are fulfilled to secure the project by the Developer before he ask the members to vacate the premises so that the project doesn't stuck up after demolition of the building.
Demolition and reconstruction of building: After demolition and during construction of building the regular inspection is carried out to check the quality and speed of the construction.
Verifications: In most of the projects the Developer/builder shows some plans to the society and gets approved different plan; so afterwards society is left on the mercy of BMC officials. The Project Management Consultant would verify the plans of building prepared by the Developers for the society members in respect of planning, area calculations, legalization and authorization of the area allotted to the members. Any alteration in the plans of society building prepared by builder should be to the satisfaction of society members.
Quality controls: A regular visit of a project manager is required at least 3-4 times a week. Maximum emphasis is to be given on the quality of the constructions to avoid recurring expensive repairs afterwards. The project management consultant should supervise the quality of constructions and verify the structural plan, necessary instructions/specifications has to be issued to contractor as per the requirements of the structure to have long lasting durability.
Inspections: Inspecting whether the work has been carried out as per approved plans and as per commitments made by the Developer with the society and whether all the necessary approvals are obtained by builders at every stage of the works.
Possession and occupation of building: During construction of building co- ordination with the Developer shall be done to see that all the formalities for the occupation of the building are fulfilled and members get possession with the occupation certificate.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY SERVICES IN BRIEF:
- Arranging Soil Testing of the site
- Preparation of Detailed Brief for the preparation of concept proposals by the architect
- Selection/appointment of the architect, structural consultant, electrical consultant, sanitary consultant and execution of agreement with them
- Scrutiny of Concept Designs proposed by the architect and approval of the concept
- Arranging the coloured perspectives of the concept scheme and arranging Model
- Preparing Preliminary Cost Estimates for the total construction work
- Review/Approval of design work carried out by the architect and respective consultants.
- Co-ordination of design work between different consultants
- Monitoring the receipt of all the pre-construction NOCs, clearances permissions, sanctions from corporation, storm water, sewerage, electrical, garden, civil aviation, ULC, road and traffic dept. Etc
- Finalizing the specifications for the different items of work
- Arranging/co-ordination establishment of all temporary facilities at the project site
- Preparation/Review/Finalization of Bill of Quantities for different items of work in respect of all the trades
- Preparation/Review/Finalization of Detailed Tender Documents for all the trades
- Short listing / prequalifying the contractors for various trades
- Invitation of tenders, scrutiny of bides, clarification to queries, making comparative statements, negotiations with bidders, evaluation of prices and finalizing the contract for all the trades.
- Preparation of contract documents and execution of the same by the contractors
- Preparing schedules of materials in respect of items proposed to be procured by the employer/supplied to the contractors
- Managing procurement of the above stated materials, cement, steel, tiles and any other materials required to be issued to the contractors, including inviting quotations, negotiations, finalization of rate contracts, placement of purchase orders, inspection of materials and settling the bills of the suppliers.
- Detailed supervision of contractors works at project site.
- Co-ordination between different contractors
- Monitoring/expediting the progress of contractors through project management techniques
- Checking/certifying contractor's running and final bills and settlement of claims of the contractors
- Preparation of progress reports
- Arranging 'as built'/User Manual drawings, of all the trades
- Arranging all Post Construction Approvals
NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION TESTS:
Non-destructive testing (NDT) are non-invasive techniques to determine the integrity of a material, component or structure or quantitatively measure some characteristic of an object. In contrast to destructive testing, NDT is an assessment without doing harm, stress or destroying the test object. The destruction of the test object usually makes destructive testing more costly and it is also inappropriate in many circumstances. NDT-CE, Non-Destructive testing in Civil Engineering plays a crucial role in ensuring cost effective operation, safety and reliability of reinforced concrete or pre-stressed concrete structures
Concrete Strength Assessment:
- Rebound Hammer Test
- Ultrasonic pulse velocity test
- Core sampling & Testing
- Carbonation test
- Chloride content
- Corrosion potential assessment
- Cover meter survey
- Half cell potential survey
- Resistive measurements
Apart from the above, the Project Management Consultants can also arrange and co-ordinate with Financial and Legal Services which are equally important for a successful completion of any Redevelopment project.
- Preparation of Financial Feasibility Reports
- Managing Financing of the project from Financial Institutions
- Handling books of accounts up to finalization including profit and loss a/c and balance sheet
- Handling all accounting matters during the progress of Redevelopment
- Handling property and other taxation matters and filing of Returns.
- Budgetary Controls
- Ratio Analysis
- Preparation of Cash Flow Statements
- Ascertaining correctness of Land ownership records (Title, P.R. Card, etc) in the name of the present owner.
- To get the road setback areas and other reserved areas transferred in the name of local bodies, as per local laws.
- To arrange conversion of land usage as per local laws
- To get NOCs, sanctions, approvals from Heritage Committee, as applicable
- To deal with Transfer of Development Rights matters, as applicable